Monday, November 21, 2005





















Posted by Picasa
This is a picture of the get-well soon card from Louis' cousin Katie. He can't wait to me you either, Katie-- if there's milk, he'll be at the tea party! Well, we all had a great day. Louis is officially 14 days old but they still call him 32 weeks (a corrected age that will be used until he's a year old).
Louis was taken 0ff the nasal cannula so he is breathing room air and he did WONDERFULLY! He didn't spit up all night or all day and he gained a little weight back. Louis was much more alert today- he was being a total show-off! The best part-he smiled at me! I came up to his isolette and he opened his eyes and SMILED! The cynics out there will say it was only gas but I know different! I was able to hold him for his morning feeding and ,in another show of true love, he peed on me! His diapers are too big so some just ran out... go figure. He did better trying to nurse today-he'll get it down soon.




















Posted by Picasa
What do you think of his outfit? It says " I know...I'm CUTE!" It's a preemie size but it's still too big. The nurses and Jason put it on him while I was pumping to suprise me-it's the first outfit he's ever worn. He's got a bit of growing to do to fill it out but he's working on it.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We would love to comment on Louis in the outfit but no picture came up!

MG

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok mom, the editors sincerely apologize for the oversight.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Louis, thanks for hanging my picture - I love being on "TV." You are quite the rock star and looking very fashionable in your new outfit!!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Amy - I have been following your wonderful posts ! I am so glad that Louis is doing so well. I just hope that you and Jason are getting a little more genuine r & r. Louis, your name is just terrific.
It must have historical (or hysterical) precedent,
something meaningful to your family. Of course there were many memorable Louises from days past: all those French fellows and Louis A(rmstrong); however, just like you, it tends to be fairly unique these days. Some day I would like to hear from you directly just whose name sake you are, lucky fellow.
Amy - my thoughts are with you daily. If there is anything I can do, just ask. It would be a privlege.
One of your doting clients - Robbie m.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robbie,
Thanks for the good wishes. Louis was my paternal grandfather's name and Nassif was my maternal grandfather. When people ask my husband how Louis' name is spelled, he likes to say "like Louis Farrakhan!" I think I prefer Louis Armstrong.......
Amy

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy and Jason,

Louis is so handsome!! We are so happy for you. Thank you for the updates. Louis has wonderful parents! We love you guys...
Patty& Bill& Alex& Tate

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy and Jason,

Louis is so handsome!
We are so happy for you all.
He has the best parents!
Thanks for all of the updates and we are so proud of his progress.
Give Louis a big smootch for us.
We love you guys,
Love Patty&Bill&Alex&Tate

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home